How to fade jeans with bleach is the easiest way to get the fade you desire. Do you have any bleach around the house? If not, go get some. Let's do this.
What you need to fade your jeans with bleach:
- Hot water
- Basin or tub
- White rag
- Prep time. Before you begin, you need to make sure your jeans are free from all dirt and stains. Pre-treat your stains and wash them accordingly. Once they are washed, you can begin fading your jeans. If you have any marks on your jeans, they will discolor and the result will be an uneven fade.
- Fill up the tub or basin with hot water. Hot water will give the maximum result to your fading. Add one quarter cup of bleach to a tub full of hot water. If you have a large sink basin, add one eighth of a cup of bleach.
- Make sure your jeans are wrinkle free. Lay your jeans out flat. Make sure that there are no creases or wrinkles in the denim. Wherever you have a fold, you will have a mark in the end result. The jeans need to be flat for an all over fading effect.
- Soak your jeans. This is the part where you need to pay particular attention. Place your jeans in the hot bleachy water. Make sure they stay flat. Push the denim under the water to absorb the solution and watch your jeans carefully.
- Check your jeans frequently. Your jeans will start to fade quickly. About every three to five minutes, check them for the fading effect. How long it takes depends on how faded you want them.
- Rinse your jeans. Now that you have faded your jeans to your liking, rinse them well. Drain the bleachy water and run clean water through them for about ten minutes to get all of the bleach out. When you think you have rinsed enough, rinse again.
- Wash your jeans. After you have successfully faded your jeans, wash them as usual. The first time you wash your new faded jeans should be alone. Just in case you were not able to get all of the bleach out of of the denim, you wouldn't want to ruin any of your other clothing. Dry as you normally would.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.