Learning how to fade new jeans can help you solve your problem of not finding the stylish jeans that you want. A lot of times it can be hard to find the right faded look on the jeans that you are looking for, and if you do find them, it can cost a lot more money than you are willing to spend. Fading jeans at home yourself can not only save you money, but will allow you to be creative and come up with your own unique style of jeans.
To fade new jeans you need:
- new jeans
- washing machine
- Wash your new pair of jeans one to two times. Do a regular washing with laundry detergent. You want to remove the starch before soaking your new jeans in bleach. This will help the bleach to fade your jeans better.
- Mix bleach in the water. Fill the washing machine up with water and mix one quart of bleach to a washing machine full of water.
- Soak the new jeans in the washing machine. Let the jeans sit in the washing machine with the water and bleach for at least twenty to 30 minutes. The longer they sit, the more faded they will become.
- Allow jeans to fade to the desired color. Check the faded jeans after twenty minutes for the fade color. Once the jeans fade to the desired color, remove the new jeans from the washing machine.
- Rinse the faded jeans with fabric softener in cold water. Fabric softener will help to remove some of the bleach smell of your faded jeans. You can rinse your jeans in a bucket, bathtub or the washing machine. Dry your jeans on a clothes line in direct sunlight if possible, or just hang them to dry. Enjoy your faded new jeans.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.