Learn about how to fake losing your voice for when you've said enough already! Sometimes it's best to not be able to speak. Maybe you've already made a fool of yourself, you're sick and want to sound sicker or you just don't feel like gabbing. You may also be acting and need to know how to fake losing your voice for a part you're playing. Whatever the case, there are ways to fake losing your voice for just such occasions. These involve manipulating your voice so the sound that comes out is more quiet and can barely be heard.
To fake losing your voice, you will need:
- Practice whispering
- Practice speaking while exhaling
- Lemon juice or vinegar
- Begin whispering. Start speaking, but instead of using your regular speaking voice, take it down several notches. Get in the mindset of when you might actually need to whisper. Think about a scary situation like an intruder is in your home and you need to call the police. You would whisper into phone. Think about making out with your girlfriend but her father walks in on you. The two of you would have to whisper to communicate. Use your voice to barely make a sound. This will resemble the sound of when someone really loses their voice.
- Speak while exhaling. Another way to fake losing your voice is to push the air and words out of your mouth by exhaling while speaking. This manipulates the vocal cords from producing sound. This process is harder on you and may make your throat sore and actually somewhat raspy sounding.
- Refrain from drinking water. A dry throat will sometimes cause people to lose their voice. Avoid drinking water while trying to lose your voice.
- Drink lemon juice or vinegar. The acidity of lemon juice or vinegar may cause you to lose your voice momentarily. Sip either of these at full strength to fake losing your voice.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!