Learning how to fakie on a BMX is a fun trick that can add diversity to the different tricks that you can pull. All you have to do is ride backwards on your bike and you have now done a fakie. It is also a move that is fun to add at the end of a line of tricks. The best part about it is it is not tough to do. With a little practice you will be adding it to your repertoire of tricks in no time. It is easy but it takes work and dedication to get this trick down and be able to do it anytime you want.
- First find and incline. A small hill will do if you can find it.
- Pedal up the hill and come to a full stop. Make sure you are straight.
- Get your balance for a second while you are stopped.
- Start to pedal backwards. If you have a BMX bike this will start to move you backwards.
- Keep your balance and slowly ride backwards down the incline.
- Mastered the small hill. Time to move to a bigger one and practice.
- Now it is time to add some style into your trick. Try hitting the back brakes and spinning the bike doing a 180.
Now that you have it down and have a small trick to do with it be inventive and figure out other things to do while in fakie or connected to you riding fakie.
- This trick is tough and you should use protective equipment while practicing. Try to crash or bail into dirt or grass so that you don’t have to fall into the hard concrete.
Bicycles are a lot like dogs—they need to match their owners’ personality type. Figure out which sweet-ass two-wheeler i ...
Summer’s almost here, and that means it’s time to cash in a few vacation days. Up for something a little different, a li ...
The NYC edition of the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows was packed with action. Check out these tricked-out ch ...