How To Feng Shui Your Bedroom
Applying feng shui to your bedroom can bring peaceful harmony and balance to your surroundings and your life. Feng shui is an ancient Chinese theory of aesthetics that believes certain designs, positioning, and colors can improve the energy in your home. This positive energy can in turn work on your life bringing you wisdom, happiness, health, and love.
Remove or hide mirrors. Mirrors displayed in the bedroom are believed to be bad luck in feng shui. For single people, a bedroom mirror decreases their chances of finding love. Do not display mirrors in the open, but keep them hidden. If you must have a mirror in the bedroom, hang it inside the closet or on the back of the closet door.
- Choose balanced colors. Pastels and off-whites are good choices for the walls. Choose colors that give your bedroom a sense of serenity. Brighter colors can be used on pillows and bed linens.
- Position the bed. The position of the bed is one of the most important steps to adding feng shui elements to your bedroom. The bed should not be on the same wall as the door, but in a position where you can lay in bed and have a clear view of the door. This allows you to see the energy entering the room and in turn not miss out on opportunities that enter into your life. The bed should also be a solid wall without any windows.
- Choose artwork carefully. Artwork in the bedroom should be soothing. Feng shui suggests that you avoid any images of water that could interfere with fire and passion, place water images in more active rooms of the home instead. The artwork hanging over your bed can be reflected in your dreams, so avoid chaotic, threatening, or overpowering images.
- Keep work outside the bedroom. If you must have a work space in your bedroom, use a screen to separate the areas. Creating spaces for different types of energy is very important in feng shui. Try to use the bedroom only for calm and keep work and worry outside the door. You should also try to have as few electronics in the bedroom as possible as these can disturb your calm energy for sleep.
- Keep air pleasant. Open the windows to let fresh air into the bedroom daily if possible. The bedroom is also a good space for a favorite scent from incense, candles, or fragrant oils.