If you are looking for a great place to run in Milwaukee, you probably want to know how to find the best Milwaukee area running trails and paths. Avid runners in Milwaukee will love the trails and paths listed below. If you like to stay fit by running along beautiful trails and paths, read on for some of Milwaukee's best outdoor running trails.
- The Oak Leaf Trail. The Oak Leaf Trail, part of the Milwaukee County park system, spans over 100 miles. With such a long distance, the type of path varies from off-road paved trails to park drives and municipal streets. In fact, the Oak Leaf Trail is more than one trail; it's a series of trails.
- The Root River Parkway. A popular section of the Oak Leaf Trail is the Root River Parkway. This 12.6-mile loop is not only perfect for marathon runners because of the length, it's also scenic, running through a nature preserve with a pond.
- The Franklin Spur. The Franklin Spur of the Oak Leaf Trail is a relaxing run that takes you through 2.4 miles of woods, as well as several residential areas.
- The Lake Loop. If you'd like to tour Milwaukee's lakes while getting your workout, look no further than the Lake Loop. This 5.9 mile urban route takes you all around the city's lakefront.
- The Seven Bridges Trail. The Seven Bridges Trail, in the city's Grant Park, is the perfect trail for a runner who wants to experience nature. In existence since the early 1900s and renovated in the mid-1990s, the trail is a great place to see wildflowers, migratory birds and other natural wonders.
- The Schlitz Audubon Nature Center. The Schlitz Audubon Nature Center, located fifteen minutes from downtown Milwaukee, features six miles of trails through the Center's 185 acres of untouched land. The Center is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. seven days a week, and costs four dollars for adults to enter.
- The Hank Aaron State Trail. The Hank Aaron State Trail spans seven miles, from Milwaukee's lakefront to the west end of the city. The trail starts at Lakeshore State Park and ends in Doyne Park, passing many points of interest along the way.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …