How To Find Caravan Camping Sites
Enlisting help when learning how to find caravan camping sites is a good choice for newbies to the travel trailer scene. Oftentimes hailed as a viable compromise between tent-camping and taking a full-size motor home on the road, these trailers offer plenty of the creature comforts of home without the cumbersome size of a less nimble tow option. Locate the following items to get started:
- Trailer specs, such as length, width and hookup requirements
- Map of the areas travelers may wish to stop for the night
- List of “must-have” and “nice-to-have” features
Discovering how to find caravan camping sites is a simple process:
- Narrow down the target state. An initial step to take when learning how to find caravan camping sites that suit the travelers and meet the needs of the conveyance dictates that a travel itinerary pinpoints likely areas for overnight parking.
- Choose overnight preferences. Caravan campers may opt for public lands, such as state parks or national parks, private properties, parking lots of camper-friendly retail outlets and membership-only venues.
- Check for preferred amenities. For example, senior citizens finding out how to find caravan camping sites may look for venues with age restrictions that require all campers to be at least 55 years of age or older. Those traveling with pets will have an interest in pet restrictions, deposits or specifically set aside dog parks that are adjacent to the property.
- Make sure the sites have the required features. Many travel trailers now have one or more slide-outs and require 50 amps in electric hookups. Learning how to find caravan camping sites introduces the camper to the fine print of the park description, which sometimes does not offer all the details that the camper searches for.
- Call the park to make and later to confirm a reservation. This step is especially important if the target location had a recent bout of bad weather or other adverse condition that might have affected the availability of sites.
Another good idea for first timers who need some help with how to find caravan camping sites is the purchase of a membership in one of the many RV travel clubs that is open to private and corporate members. They offer a good set of maps and locale tips from travelers who have “been there, done that.”