How To Find Cheap Airline Tickets
With a little planning, you can learn how to find cheap airline tickets. You don’t have to hire a travel agent to find inexpensive plane tickets. You can do it yourself.
- Search for tickets early. As soon as you know you’re going to take a trip, look for airline tickets. Do this at least one month in advance. This way you’ll be able to take advantage of airfare deals for making your reservations early.
- Book at the last minute. If you can’t book far enough in advance, look for tickets at the last minute. Airlines want to fill all of the seats on the plane, so they often drop the price to encourage potential passengers to purchase a ticket.
- Be open-minded about your travel dates. The more flexible you are with your travel dates, the easier it will be to book a flight at a discounted rate. Traveling in the middle of the week costs less than weekend travel.
- Purchase a round trip ticket. You’ll save money purchasing your airline tickets as a round trip package. The more you purchase from an airline, the more you save.
- Comparison shop on internet travel sites. Budget travel sites such as Travelocity.com, Expedia.com and Priceline.com show you side-by-side comparisons of ticket prices from major airlines.
- Look at smaller airlines. If you are traveling regionally, try a smaller airline. Smaller airlines have cheaper ticket prices because they appeal to a smaller audience of travelers.
- Check for discounts. Some airlines will offer discounts for seniors and students. Ask representatives if there are any discounts for which you’re qualified.
Posted on: May. 01, 2010