Need to know how to find a computer MAC address? If you are getting involved in computer networking, you will need to be able to find a computer MAC address. Luckily, this is an easy thing to do on Windows computers. The MAC address stands for media access control. This is a code that is assigned to a network adapter on your computer. It is unique for each device. It is assigned to the network adapter by the manufacturer. There are two main ways to find the MAC address. These are by using the command prompt and through the control panel. The command prompt will be the same throughout different versions of Windows and can be faster. Follow these steps to find a MAC address using command prompt.
To find a computer MAC address, you will need:
- A computer
- Windows operating system
- On your computer, press the Windows key and the "R" key at the same time. The run window will open. Type cmd in the text box.
- Press OK. Doing so launches the command prompt.
- Type ipconfig /all. Then press enter.
- This is a command that gives you information about all of the network adapters on your computer. What you will need from the list that appears is the physical address for the network adapter you are working with. Find the name of the network adapter you want on the list.
- Under this name, find the label physical address. This will be the MAC address. It will be in the format of groups of two characters and then a dash.
- Type exit in the command prompt. Press enter to close the window.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
Lucy Kicks Ass, Metaphysics, Logic
If you are willing to relax, get on board and tweak your suspension-of-disbelief meter to 11, it’s not the worst way to spend 89 minutes.