How To Find Custom Fit Ski Boots
Do you want to know how to find custom fit ski boots? Being such a niche piece of equipment, custom fit ski boots can be quite hard to find. And for obvious reasons, buying this kind of gear requires that you have direct contact with the seller. But a previous online research can give good results.
What you need to find custom fit ski boots:
- A computer with Internet access.
Steps to find custom fit ski boots:
- Decide wether you are looking for a foam filled liner or a thermo-moldable inner boot. These are the available ways to get a custom fit ski boot. If you have not any of these before, get some information on how the systems work.
- Go online and look for custom fit ski boots. If you´re planning on going skiing soon, narrow your search to the area where the resort you´re planning on going is.
- Elaborate a list with the custom fit boots providers that you found. Some sell only the liners that you´ll put in regular boots, yet others make complete ski boots molded to your feet. Prices vary, and they also do so depending on the season. Buy smart and save money.
- To start, here´s a list of companies that provide custom fit ski boots. These companies include Surefoot, with headquarters in Park City, Utah and branches in several North American resorts plus some European locations; Dale Boot is also based in the US with presence in most major national ski resorts and also in Europe; and America´s Best Boot fitters, a national boot fitting system present nationwide with branches also in Europe and Australia. This list is intended to be only a starting point for your search, as there are several other boot fitters out there.
- Spare some time for the boot fitting process. It´s not going to be like buying casual shoes. Some custom boot fitters scan your feet and then make the sole and the liner according to your feet shape, so it can take long. Be patient, it pays in comfort.
Remember, it might be hard and take some time, but when you´re up the hill and your feet don´t hurt after long hours, you´ll be happy you did it.