How To Find A Government Job
Learn how to find a government job on the internet. First, you should figure out if a government job is right for you. The jobs listed on the internet require skill, education and other requirements. Only search for one if you feel you can fulfill the job.
To find a government job, you will need:
- Computer with internet access
- Consider what kind of government job you want to find. Do you want to have a job similar to the one you have now or do you want to advance in your career? Those with a license and high school diploma can work for the TSA.
- Determine if you need any skills for the job. When you find a government job, you will notice the requirements each job has. Determine what you need (i.e. additional education, certification) in order to get that job. Do what you need to do before applying?
- Check out USAJobs. Type in the keywords of the government job you want, including location you want to work in. Click on “Search Jobs” when done.
- Click on any jobs that catch your interest. Read the requirements, responsibilities and qualifications for that job.
- Read the “How to Apply” section. This section tells you how you should apply for the government job. You would either have to apply online or through the mail. It also tells you what to expect once you submit your application.
- Check your email periodically. You may receive updates on the government job you applied for. If you do not receive a response, USAJobs keeps your application on file for at least a year.
- Visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics' official website to research the best paying government jobs.
- Visit USAJobs everyday to search for newly posted jobs.