How To Find Hawaiian Surf Camps
Whether you're an island resident or traveling to Hawaii, you might wonder how to find Hawaiian surf camps. Everyone wants to catch that monster wave and ride! Finding a surf camp for adults or children is easy. The Hawaiian islands boast a healthy mix of qualified instructors and camps.
- Contact the chamber of commerce. When you're trying to find surf camps in Hawaii, your first stop should be with the chamber of commerce. The chamber keeps a membership roster which can include Hawaiian surf camps. If none are available, ask for the names of surfing instructors.
- Speak with local surf instructors. Talking with local surf instructors is a great way to find Hawaiian surf camps. Professionals are "in the know," and while they may not offer surf camps as part of their programs, you can nab a good referral.
- Obtain recommendations. Obtaining recommendations from former students is one of the best ways to find Hawaiian surf camps. Speak with friends and family who have completed a camp. Personal recommendations are invaluable because while the information is biased, you will hear a truthful account sans marketing hype.
- Get in touch with the YMCA. The local YMCA is a great resource when you are looking for a Hawaiian surf camp. Better yet, the YMCA might offer its own surf camp, so you're killing two birds with one stone when you take this step.
- Ask your travel agent. If you're traveling to Hawaii and are unfamiliar with how to find a surf camp, ask your travel agent for recommendations. Travel agents research agendas and help establish itineraries as part of their job. Let them assist with the details if you are new to the island.