How To Find A Healthy Way To Gain Weight
Learn how to find a healthy way to gain weight with some basic guidelines. The way to gain weight the correct way is by eating more of the right foods. By carefully following these guidelines you will be able to learn how to find a healthy way to gain weight.
- Calories. How many calories do you need to eat to gain weight? The trick is to know how much you consume a day. A woman will normally consume 2000 calories a day and a man 2500 a day. So in order to gain weight you must consume more. By consuming an extra 350 to 500 calories a day, you will gain weight.
- Track your calories. A plate of salad may be huge, but it will have mainly water calories. The way to gain weight is to have more protein in your diet. Keep in mind that you need healthy protein, not loads of red meat, bacon, whole milk and butter. A simple program online will help you mark your calories and keep you enlightened on how much fat you are consuming.
- Cut out the junk food. Ice cream, potato chips and candy bars are not a way to gain weight the healthy way. Indeed they will pack on the pounds, but they will also clog your arteries. An occasional bowl of sherbet or healthy ice cream is allowed, of course.
- How much fat should you consume? Learning to gain weight the healthy way does not mean consuming more fat. Keep your fat intake to no more than twenty to 40 percent. This should be healthy fats, not saturated fats. Healthy fats would be olive oil, chicken, turkey, or lean cuts of beef and fish. Avocados and nuts would also be included in this category.
- Eat six meals a day. In your plan to gain weight, keep in mind that over-stuffing yourself will only make you tired. When you are tired, you will not want to exercise and do your weight training necessary to build muscles and gain weight. Six well planned meals can start with whole wheat toast and peanut butter for breakfast. Oatmeal and almonds are another great way to start your day with a bowl of fruit on the side.
- Balanced meals. When looking to find a healthy way to gain weight, look to eating proportioned and balanced meals. Aim to have between 30 to 50 percent of your calories in protein, 20 to 30 percent in carbohydrates and 20 to 40 percent in fats. Healthy meals must include some form of meat protein every day. Baked salmon and vegetables are a good start with whole wheat bread. Need more calories in your day? Eat two slices of whole wheat bread instead of one.
- Protein Drinks. Although anything processed and packaged should be avoided, in extreme cases protein drinks can be added as a snack. Look for a good quality protein drink with the least additives and mix it with some fruit.
- Beverages. Avoid the heavy sugar laden beverages and instead opt for milk, herbal teas or juices. Drink plenty of water as well. Want more variety? Try some ginger, green, peppermint or cinnamon tea?
- Flax Seed. A good way to keep your colon in good shape is by consuming flax seeds. Simply grind some flax seeds in a coffee grinder and add them to some yogurt. Mix well and add in a whole banana and peach. A wonderful snack, full of healthy calories.
- Exercise. Do not listen to anyone who says you should exercise less to gain weight. You now need to lift weights to gain muscle because this will help you gain weight. If you do not have any weights in the home, lift cans of vegetables or water bottles. Get started today on weight lifting.
- Always Talk to Your Physician. Although these guidelines will help you gain weight the healthy way, it is always advisable to check with your physician when considering any diet plan, even if the diet is to gain weight the healthy way.