How To Find Ip Address On Computer
One of the easiest tasks to learn about on a PC is how to find IP address on computer. The IP address of your computer is the digital signature telling servers for websites and games where you are located. In order to set up certain programs that use the internet, like Ventrilo, you will need to locate your IP address. Learning how to find the IP address on a computer is simple.
To find the IP address, you will need:
- A computer
- A keyboard
- A mouse
- Turn on the system.
- Make sure you have an internet connect. You should see either bars that are filled if it is a wireless connection, or an icon with two computers connected by a line for a wired connection
- Open the start menu. You can use the “super”(Windows) key on the keyboard, or click on the start/Windows button on the task bar.
- If you are using a Windows XP machine, click “Run.” Otherwise, skip to the next step.
- In the text field, type in “cmd.” This calls up the command prompt. It is a black window that will have something like “C:\Users\Username>” in the box.
- Type “ipconfig” in the command prompt. You will be looking for the IPv4 address. It will look like 220.127.116.11. This will vary by location. Keep in mind that if you are setting up a connection from behind a router, you will need to do some port forwarding and find out the IP address that the router has in order to do so successfully.