How To Find A Job In China
Getting help from a professional on how to find a job in China will not only prepare you to land the most appropriate job, but also ensure that you comply with the employment laws in the country. China has a large industrial sector with many companies offering employment for locals and foreigners. If you are a foreigner looking for a job in China, you should start by understanding the employment regulations in the country and be able to comply with all the requirements.
- Enroll in a Chinese University. One of the most effective ways of securing a job in China is by enrolling in a Chinese University where you can learn the Chinese language. In most cases, one year is enough to be fluent in Chinese language. On completion of studies and with the internship experience and exposure, it becomes easier to find a job in China.
- English. Proficiency in English is a firm foundation for finding a job in China. You can consider becoming an English teacher first to build net work with people and research on the company you would wish to work for. Many foreigners working in Japan were initially English teachers who used that platform to step into their desired fields.
- Ties with people. Guanxi (relationships) plays a vital role in obtaining a job in China. It’s a matter of who you know or who recommends you. To gain full advantage of guanxi, it is wise to make friendship with as many influential people as possible. Guanxi is not dependent on money, it’s mostly dependent on trustworthiness, honesty and kindness; it’s simply treating people well. How would you make relationships if you are not living in China? You can visit the country or join social networks that specifically focus on job opportunities.
- Application. Before sending your applications you should bear in mind that the person who will read your applications may not be very good in English. Make sure that you use simple English to express yourself, otherwise indulgence in deep English will do you more bad than good. To find a job in China, you should write a letter explaining the reason why you think the job suits you.
- Get a work permit. You need a work permit of Foreign Experts to get a job in China. You can submit your application at Embassy or Consulate-Genera. Prerequisites include a resume and educational certificates. You are required to produce a valid passport and a letter of employment from the company offering you a job in China. Fill out a Visa Application Form Q1. It takes 3 to 4 days to process and get the work permit.