How To Find A Job In Michigan
Need to know how to find a job in Michigan? There are jobs available throughout the state, but finding a job in Michigan can be a challenge when the economy is struggling. To find a job in Michigan, you will need to be persistent.
- The first step in finding a job in Michigan is getting organized. Write down your goals, your experience, the types of jobs you are qualified for and what type of jobs you want to pursue.
- Write your resume, or if you already have a resume, make sure it is current. Your resume should include past dates of employment, job titles and a brief description of each job you have held. If you have sent off several resumes and you have not received any responses, you may want to rewrite your resume.
- Write a cover letter that you can use as a template. Each cover letter you send should be brief and written to target the available position. Take the time to rewrite the cover letter for each position because it is the first impression your future employer will have of you. Try to find out the name of the person who will receive your cover letter and resume and address the cover letter to that person. It is well worth the time it takes to send a targeted cover letter that is not generic. Alternatively, you can upload your resume to employment websites.
- Create, or update, social networking profiles. Tell your friends, family, church members, club members and others that you are looking for a job. Chances are that someone you know may be able to help you find one.
- Search the websites of companies that are located in Michigan that you would like to work for and fill out an application. If an application is not available online, call the human resources department of the company in question and ask if they have job openings and if you may send your resume. Also search the state, county and city government websites for openings.
- Read the classified section of Michigan newspapers. You can also check out internet classified sites for jobs in the different cities and towns of Michigan. Be sure to tailor your search so that you see results for the fields you are looking for.
If you find that you do not have the skills for the jobs that you want, consider going back to school to learn the skills that are needed. Stay optimistic and keep sending out resumes. You will eventually find a job in Michigan that you want.