How To Find A Luxury Hotel In Ibiza
You're going to treat yourself to a decadent holiday in Ibiza but you don't know exactly how to find a luxury hotel in Ibiza. You could always go to a travel agent, but then you'll inevitably end up paying way too much for a hotel that might not fit your particular needs. Here's a step-by-step cheat sheet for finding the perfect luxury hotel in Ibiza.
- Location, location, location. Buy a guidebook and familiarize yourself with the island. Get one that deals specifically with Ibiza rather than a guide to Spain that dedicates only a few pages to Ibiza. Depending on what you like to do with your vacation time, figure out where the best beaches are, what different sections of the island offer in terms of restaurants and nightlife, and where you might have to rent a car rather than being able to walk everywhere. Try to determine what part of the island fits your idea of a luxury holiday in Ibiza the best.
- Tripadvisor.com. Once you figure out where you want to stay, tripadvisor.com can give you a location-specific list of hotels in your price range, whether you're looking for motels or luxury hotels in Ibiza. Not only does the site offer pictures of the hotels and a list of each hotel's amenities, it also offers hundreds of hotel reviews written by unbiased fellow travelers. These reviews can give you a very good idea of whether the hotel fits the tone of your vacation. After all, you might not want to spend your honeymoon at a hotel that's known for being famously kid friendly.
- Check the fine print. Once you find a hotel that interests you on tripadvior.com, make sure to check the hotel's website. By checking the hotel's website, you can make sure they don't have any construction or special events planned during your stay that might dampen your fun. You hardly want to book your luxury hotel in Ibiza only to find out that it's been taken over by an insurance convention during your stay. Also look to see whether the hotel has an environmental or historical preservation surcharge. These charges are applied when you checkout, not when you book online through a third party website, so online hotel booking companies often don't disclose them when you book, and these surcharges can easily add up to hundreds of dollars for a one week stay.
- Compare prices. You will always pay an inflated price if you book through the hotel's website. Instead, compare quotes offered by all the major third party hotel booking websites. Kayak.com is a very useful website that lets you compare most of the major booking websites with just one click.
- Check for coupons. Once you've found the lowest possible price for your luxury hotel in Ibiza, do a quick Google search to make sure that nobody is offering unadvertised coupons for your hotel. Googling the hotel name plus the name of the website you're booking through often reveals coupons that can add up to a couple of hundred dollars in savings for a week stay.
- Book it. It's best to book your luxury hotel in Ibiza on a credit card rather than a debit card. If something goes wrong, it's much easier to reverse the charges on a credit card.