How To Find Mens Vintage Leather Jackets
Do you want to know how to find mens vintage leather jackets? Vintage leather jackets can be a luxurious addition to your wardrobe or a funky add on providing style and pizzazz. Depending whether you are looking for an vintage leather bomber jacket or a more upscale leather blazer, stores abound offer great deals; you just have to know where to look. Check out the leads below to find men's vintage leather jackets.
Where to look for vintage men's jackets:
- Family and friends
- Vintage stores
- Motorcycle shops
- Craig's list
- Consignment and thrift stores
- Look in local consignment shops that specialize in coats and jackets for men. Not always easy to find, but when you do, these stores are a wealth of surprises. Most consignments shops carry clothes for women, but sometimes you might find one that has a section for men's vintage jackets and coats. Call ahead to save the legwork.
- Check out stores that carry new and gently used motorcycle equipment and clothing if it's a bomber-style or motorcycle jacket you are looking for. Vintage jackets may be tucked away on a rack in the back, so ask when you get there.
- Craigslist is always a good source for all things vintage including men's leather jackets. Look in your own area listings and then look for leather jackets in being advertised in other cities. Get all the details and pay with a credit card so you have recourse if the jacket is not as it was described. Additionally, consider advertising for what you want on Craigslist. You should receive numerous responses to your add from which to choose a new vintage jacket.
- Ask family members and friends if they have a vintage leather jacket tucked away somewhere. You may luck out and find just what you are looking for in your uncle's closet or in a friend's attic or garage.
- Sign up for an auction account on eBay. This is probably the best place to find exactly what you are looking for. eBay has a wealth of people selling thousands of products. Once you have an account, search for whatever it is your want. Ask lots of questions before bidding and read the auction text beforehand to know what you are getting. You should be able to find a vintage men's leather jacket in no time on eBay.
- Look locally and online for vintage stores carrying men's clothing. Leather jackets are a popular item and most vintage stores can be expected to have a rack of jackets available in a variety of sizes.
Tips and warnings:
- Once you find a jacket you like examine it closely for tears to the lining or the leather. Linings can be repaired, but repairing damaged leather is expensive and often looks less then acceptable. Be picky and wait for the perfect jacket to appear in your search.