How To Find Mens Vintage T Shirts
If you know how to find vintage men’s t-shirts, you can say goodbye to buying those faux-faded, manufactured-to-look-vintage tee’s, and start rocking the real retro thing.
- Vintage Clothing Stores. You might pay a premium for tee’s at a vintage store, but the condition of the shirts is often better, and the wide selection will make your shopping trip shorter. Many independent vintage stores now sell through their websites as well. Search your local listings for a vintage store near you.
- MonsterVintage.com and RustyZipper.com. Some websites offer “vintage-style” t-shirts, but these two specialize in selling authentic retro tee’s. And if you’re looking to get in on the retro tee discussion or find indie tee sellers, visit the Defunkd.com blog.
- Secondhand and Clothing Exchange Stores. Specialty boutiques like Out of the Closet and Buffalo Exchange buy old clothing from their customers for re-sale... so one man's trash literally becomes another man's treasure. You never know what you’ll find at secondhand stores, and the merchandise changes daily, so you may have to make a few trips in order to find that retro sports tee that fits your style.
- Etsy. This website caters to crafty people by allowing them to set up their own Internet storefront and sell to the online masses. The selection is always changing, and you can find straight-up vintage tee’s or repurposed retro t-shirts that will make your closet pop.
- Flea Markets. If you’re into bargaining, find a flea market in your town with a vintage t-shirt vendor. Indoor and outdoor flea markets are held year-round at schools, churches, synagogues, and even in parking lots, so check your local listings to find the one nearest you.
- eBay. The famous online auction site is a haven for vintage t-shirts. If you’re down to get into a bidding war over that retro band t-shirt, then sign up for an eBay account and log in. Vintage t-shirts are often cheaper via eBay, especially if you’re the only interested buyer.
- Your Dad’s (or Uncle’s) Closet. If your dad was as cool as you are when he was your age, and he had the foresight to save his retro shirts, you might be able to find some vintage gems via him.
Posted on: Aug. 06, 2010