How To Find My Mac Address
Need to know how to find the mac address? Well you don't need to be a network administrator to figure this one out. It is quite simple. In fact it, is just like finding the IP address. The ip adress is in the same location as the mac address. To help find the mac address, just follow the following steps. You'll get the information you want in no time.
1. Start Menu (Vista and 7 the Windows start button). Go to Run and type in cmd. This will take you to the command prompt in windows. In Vista and 7 the run will be the text box just above the start button.
2. CMD prompt. You will see a dos like prompt. Type in cd\ at the prompt. This will take you to the root directory. Then type in ipconfig /all
3. Ipconfig /all. This command will bring up a lot of information about the internet protocol figuration. You will be able to scroll through the page to locate the mac address. It won't state mac address, what you are really looking for is physical address, this is the mac address.
Note: A quicker way to locate the mac address is using the getmac command. In Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 you will do the following:
- 1. Go to the windows dos prompt
- 2. At the command prompt enter the command getmac
- 3. Getmac will display the mac address. As easy as that.