Are you thinking to yourself, "I need to know how to find my wireless internet password on a Mac?" If so, then you are in luck. These directions will help you to get your wireless internet password back.
To find your wireless internet password on a Mac, you will need:
- Access to your Mac, with Airport (your wireless internet utility) installed if you have an older Mac
- The ability to connect to a wireless network
- The name of the network that you want the password for
- Open Airport. This is the icon that looks like a fan of curved bars. This should come up running if you are using a newer Mac. These bars display the strength of your wireless internet connection.
- Click on "Advanced." This will open the advanced menu. You can also get it from the Apple Menu, under "System Preferences" and "Network."
- Find your target network name. You should see it on a list of all of the wireless internet networks in range of this device.
- Select your network from the list. Locate the minus sign. Then click on the pencil next to the minus sign. This should show you the specific settings for the network that you have chosen.
Find the check box next to "Show Password." Check it, and the internet password should show up. If it is not working then you will need to restart the computer.
- Write down the internet password. Keep it somewhere very secure.
- Uncheck the box. This will re-hide your wireless internet password so someone else will have a hard time finding it.
- Repeat the steps for other networks in range. Only do that if you need to. The odds are that you will not need to do that if you are only connecting to one network.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Beer Brain: Sam Adams’ Kosmic Mother Funk
This private-reserve beer drinks like a fine port or brandy.
10 Social-Media Problems Ello Solves
From privacy to nudity—why the Anti-Facebook's time has come.