In order to know how to find your wireless Internet password on Vista, you need to know what kind of router you have. Below are basic instructions on how to find the wireless Internet password on Vista. If these do not work you can contact the customer service department for the kind of router you have and they can help you.
- Launch Internet Explorer. This is the only browser that will work for these instructions. To launch Internet Explorer on Vista you will either have an icon on your desktop or you can find it on the start menu.
- In the address bar at the top type in 192.168.1.1 and press enter. You should see your router information on the screen.
- It will ask you for a username and password. The default username for your wireless router is admin and the password is password unless you changed them during set up. Most people leave these as is.
- Then all you need to do is change the wireless password. It will not show you what the current password is for security reasons but you will be able to change it to something else.
- You can now close the Internet Explorer window. Try to connect to the Internet. If it does not work try to reboot Vista. You can do this by clicking on the Start button.
- It is a good idea to put a very unique password. This is for security reasons and the password should consist of letters, numbers and symbols and it is better to make it very long.
- One other way to find your password is to reset your router. You should see a small hole on the back of the router. You can stick a pin in this hole and hold it down. Once you do this all router settings will reset and you can put in a new password. Do not do this if you don’t want to set up your router all over again.
- Look in your documentation that came with your router. Sometimes the password will be in the documentation.
You just learned how to find your wireless Internet password on Vista. If these instructions do not work then contact the customer service department for your router and they should be able to help you. You will need to tell them what your operating system is which is Vista.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.