How To Find A Part-Time Job
So you want to know how to find a part time job? With the tips provided below it can be done. Be patient and do some leg work and you can find that part time job you are seeking.
- Use the job websites. The internet has become a great tool for finding part time jobs. There are websites just for part time work or give you the option to look for seasonal, or part time. Websites like Monster.com, and Careerbuilder.com are a few examples of wesbites where you may be able to find a part time job.
- Online newspapers are good sources. They have a classified section of the online paper where you can search jobs, locate job fairs and identify potential openings. A regular paper works too, but the internet newspaper is easier to get too.
- Go to the companies and ask to speak to a manager. One of the best ways to find a part time job is to walk into the stores and simply ask. Some companies appreciate this method because it shows initiative. You can fill out an application and hopefully interview on the spot.
- Attend a job fair. Job fairs are wonderful. A number of companies set up tables for you to look at, get an overview of the company and submit a resume. You may even get an interview and be hired on the spot, if you're lucky! Companies at job fairs are looking for new recruits, so dress professional and attend!
- Network. Networking is a fantastic tool to find a position. You can network through the internet or with others. Social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and MySpace have become vessels for finding employment, but be careful what you say on there!
Posted on: Sep. 01, 2010