How To Find The Perfect Over Night Camp
If you want to know how to find the perfect over night camp, you must take several things into consideration. Camping is a lot of fun, especially primitive camping. Whether you face warmer weather or cooler temperatures, camping is most fun when the right over night camp location is picked.
- Pick a nice shaded area. No one likes to bake in the sun while having a nice campfire meal. Choosing a shady location eliminates sunburn as well as provides some privacy. Also, with ample trees surrounding your campsite, you can string a hammock, hang lanterns or simply listen to the breeze blow through the leaves overhead.
- Make sure you have a nice clean fire ring with lots of space between it and the trees. The best areas for over night camp have just the right clear space surrounding the fire ring to provide room to pitch tents. The right space provides warmth when sleeping but enough space to prevent overheating and an uncomfortable night's sleep.
- Make sure there is plenty of fire wood surrounding the site. It is so much more convenient to have your own firewood from trees on the perimeter of the over night camp site. You will need various sizes of twigs and logs to keep the fire burning as long as you can, especially if the fire is your main source of cooking.
- Make sure the site is located near a body of water. The closer you are to a lake, if you are indeed camping near one, the easier it will be to launch a small boat of fish from the bank. If you have access to the water alongside your over night camp, it will be a lot easier when bringing in a mess of fish or after rowing against the wind.
- A well water source is an excellent additive to the perfect camping site. It is so much easier to wash utensils, hands and other items when a well is located at your campsite. Even if you have opted to go completely rustic, this exception to the rule is a nice guilty pleasure.