How To Find Private Flying Lessons
Prospective student pilots may wonder how to find private flying lessons. Private flying is a great activity that many people can enjoy or use for business. Finding private flying lessons is easy once you know where to look for the information.
- Use a phonebook or online yellow page. Contact the nearest local airport and ask if they have any flight schools open for lessons. Sometimes the flight schools may not be listed in the phonebook in a logical place.
- Search using the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association website. Search by city and state or a number of other fields.
- Some flight instructors teach on their own and aren't associated with a flight school. Visit local general aviation sides of airports and check on the bulletin boards in the lounge areas of the fixed base operators (FBOs). A variety of local information is found from aircraft for sale to instructors.
- If a university or other similar school is nearby, contact them about aviation classes. Some of these institutions do offer aviation training as part of a degree program.
- Search online for local flight clubs. If there is a local flight club, contact them to see if they allow student pilots to join. Some of these clubs have flight instructions or allow use of the club aircraft for lessons.
Spend some time doing a little research, and you will spend the rest of your life enjoying the ability to fly when you want. Once you find a place to take lessons, take lessons frequently to maximize your learning.