How To Find The Prostate
Every man should know how to find the prostate. Before you can find your prostate, you need to know what you're looking for. The prostate is a walnut-sized gland found just below the bladder in the front of the rectum. Your urethra runs through your prostate and the two vessels that produce semen rest above it. Nerves on either side of your prostate control your erections. You cannot feel your prostate from outside your body; however, you can feel it anally. To find your prostate you will need to have an open mind and feel comfortable with exploring yourself anally.
To find your prostate, all you will need is a bit of lubricant. If you are uncomfortable inserting fingers into your rectum, you can purchase a prostate massager to locate the prostate, although this will not allow you to feel your prostate, only find its location.
- Take your clothes off, or at least your pants and underwear. You'll probably be more relaxed if you are completely naked.
- Lie back on a bed or couch and try to relax. The more tense you are, the harder it will be for you to explore yourself.
- Spread your legs enough so you can access your anus and your rectum.
- Apply some lubricant to your index and middle fingers of your dominant hand and insert those fingers into your rectum. Alternately, spread some lubricant on a prostate massager and insert it into your rectum.
- Explore the anterior wall, moving slowly and gently upwards until you feel a walnut-sized nodule. That is your prostate.