How To Find Rare Yu-Gi-Oh
A few simple facts can easily help you learn how to find rare Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. Knowing what to look for on each card is a key element of finding a rare card in the "Yu-Gi-Oh!" trading card game. To find a rare "Yu-Gi-Oh!" card, you need to be able to discern the difference between Common cards (which consist of Normal Common, Short Print Common, and Super Short Print Common), and Rare cards, Super Rare cards, Ultra Rare cards, Secret Rare, Ultimate Rare, Parallel Rare, Ghost Rare, or Gold Ultra Rare cards. The list below can help you identify the different "Yu-Gi-Oh!" cards and find the rare ones in your collection.
- Common "Yu-Gi-Oh!" cards are, as the name implies, very common to find. There are three types of common cards. The first type is the normal common card, which is the most abundant card of the collection. Then, there is the short print common card. It is printed in limited quantities. The last type is the super short print common. This card is printed in more of a limited supply than the short print common.
- Rare cards in your collection can be identified by the silver foil lettering of the names. Rare cards such as these are the easiest of the rare cards to find.
- Super Rare cards are the next on the list. The foil artwork on these cards is holographic.
- The next rare card is the Ultra Rare card. This card boasts gold lettering and holographic artwork.
- Secret or Promo Rare cards are in the next level of hard to find cards. They are similar to Ultra Rare cards, however, the foil lettering is silver and the holographic artwork has more of a 3-D effect.
- Ultimate Rare cards are basically reprints of normal Rare, Ultra and Super Rare cards. They have special embossed effects on the card's borders, letters and artwork.
- The next rare card to look for is the Parallel Rare card. It is an Ultra Rare card that has the same holographic effects of the Secret Rare covering the whole card.
- The Ghost Rare card is next on the list. This card is holographic with silver lettering that has an extra shiny appearance to it. The unique thing about the Ghost Rare is that a few of the colors have been eliminated to give way to a pale hue in order to make the card appear "ghostly."
- The Gold Ultra Rare card can be identified by its golden effects. It has holographic gold borders and gold lettering.