Learning how to find a stolen vehicle is a lesson you never want to have to put into practice. Chances are if you need to find a stolen truck or car, a lot of things are running through your mind at once. One of the best tools you can have to find a stolen vehicle is common sense. Start by thinking rationally. If you are fortunate enough to find these tips before your car gets stolen, take a few preventative measures now to help you out just in case this ever happens to you.
To find a stolen vehicle you will need:
- Car title
- Police report
- Cell phone
- When you first buy your vehicle, take a picture of the car and keep it in a safe place. Make a record of the car’s Vehicle Identification (VIN) number, manufacturer and model, as well as the year. Write any distinguishing physical characteristics down. You can make a note of any after market additions to the car, dents or other physical descriptions. Keep this information together in a safe place.
- If you are fortunate enough to have a vehicle with a Global Positioning Tracking (GPS) system, notify the police. Some car companies equip their vehicles with a subscription service that can aid you in tracking the stolen vehicle. If you are a subscriber, notify the service immediately when the car is stolen.
- If your car is stolen, immediately call the police. You will need to notify law enforcement that can then begin a search for the stolen vehicle. Be sure to file a police report and obtain a copy of it as well. Alert the officer if your car is equipped with a built in tracking system.
- Notify your insurance agent. Right after a call to police, your next call should be to your agent. Be sure to have the police report number available. In order to file a claim against your insurance policy, you must be able to provide this information.
- Place an ad or post flyers with your car’s picture. Using the important information you already have stored safely away, create a flyer detailing the stolen vehicle’s description and place around the vicinity where the car was taken. Provide phone numbers and offer a reward if possible.
When you become the victim of a car theft, you can be left feeling vulnerable and violated. Take these steps, especially the preventative measures, before your car is ever stolen.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!