Anyone with a computer should know how to find temporary internet files. When using your browser, pages or images may be stored in a folder your hard drive as temporary internet files. When a web page is revisited, your browser uses data from the temporary internet files rather than the web server. This allows pages to load quickly since you do not need a response from the web server. While temporary internet files helps make things quicker for you, it may also quickly make your computer less efficient. The buildup of unused internet files from all the web pages you have visited (but are not likely to be revisited) does bog down your processor. Internet files take up valuable space so knowing how to delete unwanted temporary internet files does help maximize your computer's performance. Browsers that use temporary internet files usually have a feature to locate and remove particular internet files or delete your cache en masse.
When using Windows 7 for instance, you need to:
- Click on Start and select Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet, then under Internet Options choose Delete Browsing History and Cookies.
- When you see the Internet Properties menu, click on Settings then click once again on View Files.
- A Windows Explorer window will then appear which will show you all your temporary internet files. This window will also display the URL where each file came from.
If using Internet Explorer 6 and you wish to clear all entire cache and delete all temporary internet files altogether, simply:
Go to the Tools menu and click on Internet Options.
With the Internet Options window showing the General tab, go to Temporary Internet Files and click on Delete.
- After it clears all internet files, click on OK and OK again.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…