How To Find Thrift Store Clothing
Want to know how to find thrift store clothing? If you want to find thrift store clothing, be prepared to spend a little time searching. In spite of the time and effort it takes, you are sure to save money and find unique pieces of clothing to fit any style and occasion. In the end, you are sure to be satisfied with all of your selections.
- Find a local thrift store. Typically there are several located all around town. You can look for them using the Internet, a phone book, or even from family and friends that frequent thrift stores. Depending on what you are looking for, you may want to plan and visit a few different locations.
- Look for the group of clothes you are interested in. Typically, thrift stores have their clothing sorted out by men, women and children. When you come to the men's section, you will find an area for shorts and pants, tops and jackets, and maybe a special vintage area.
- Find your size. In addition to groups of like clothes, items in a thrift store are usually divided up by size. If this isn't the case, you may have to start at one end of the rack and work your way through until you find the right size.
- Pull things off the rack that you want to try on. With thrift store clothes, as with any other, it can be a good idea to try everything on. Look near the back of the store for a fitting room and take in some clothes that you like. If possible, ask if you can take everything back all at one time to avoid getting dressed and undressed numerous times.
- Take all purchases to the front of the store to pay. Be aware of the thrift store policy on payment. Some do not take personal checks, so be sure you have cash or a credit or debit card.
- When you get home, wash all of the clothes or take them to the dry cleaners. When done, you are ready to walk out in style with a smile on your face, knowing you saved money by finding thrift store clothing.