How To Find A Trainer Kite For Kite Surfing
Do you want to know how to find a trainer kite for kite surfing? Kite surfing is a great sport, but it's also quite difficult. Knowing how to control the kite before you go into the water is mandatory, so you better get yourself a trainer kite. Trainer kites are smaller than traction kites, but they behave just as the big ones do. Also, kites are quite expensive, so for your first few tries you will need a trainer kite which you can mistreat and give some hard landings and a lot of dragging. You won't be able to do it later with your riding kite.
To find a trainer kite for kite surfing, you will need:
- A computer with Internet access.
- A way to get to your local sports gear retailer and to your local thrift store.
The steps to find a trainer kite for kite surfing are:
- Go online and search for a kite that has four lines. Ideally, look for one that is similar to the one you will be using for kite surfing. A good old foil kite will do for training.
- Get a set of bar and lines, able to control a kite with four lines and a break. Sometimes, a training foil will come with lines but with a two handle command. Replace the handles with your own bar, to train for what you will be using later for kite surfing.
- Buy a small kite, as one with a lot of traction will be difficult to handle. For an adult, a trainer of between three and seven square meters will be enough.
Before you buy a trainer kite, get some advice on the shape of kite that is good for your area, and then buy a trainer kite that is similar to that.