How To Find Used Harley Sportsters
Are you wondering how to find used Harley Sportsters? If you are just starting to look, you may want to check out magazines and/or auto parts supply stores to narrow your search to a specific model or year. Other considerations are custom features. If you desire a specific feature, you can purchase the features with the Sportster or after you purchase the Sportster if parts are still available.
Things you'll need:
- Internet access
- Access to local motorcycle shops
- Newspaper ads
- Check websites to find used Harley Sportsters. Use a search engine to conduct your research. Many websites list used Harley Sportsters with various features, as well as varying years and models.
- Bike shops. Many bike shops sell used bikes on consignment or re-sell the bikes outright. Some shops that don't sell used bikes can still point you in the right direction because Sportster owners will stop by and the let sales staff know they are looking to sell their motorcycle.
- Vintage Days. This annual bike event specializes in vintage bikes though many vendors have shops, connections to other shops or people looking to sell their Harley Sportsters. Ask vendors selling Harley items if they know of any Sportsters for sale.
- Newspaper ads. Check local or online papers in and around your area to locate used Harley Sportsters. Individuals and dealers will list these under "Motorcycle."
- Place an ad. Place an ad in local and surrounding area newspapers indicating what type, year and price range you are looking for. If your options are more flexible, place a general ad.