How To Find Vintage Baby Clothing
When you need to dress your bundle of joy in clothes from yesteryear, you have to know where to find vintage baby clothing. Vintage clothes are usually considered to be clothes that are at least 25 or 30 years old. Baby clothes are adorable, and if you want to dress your new baby in vintage clothes for a fun retro look, it's important to know where to find them.
To find vintage baby clothing, you will need:
- computer with Internet access
- list of estate sales
- list of thrift stores
- Look online for vintage baby clothing. Auction Web sites like eBay offer sellers the opportunity to sell just about anything, including vintage baby clothing, to buyers. The inventory changes all the time so searching eBay periodically is a good way to see the variety that is offered for sale. Search using simple words like "vintage baby clothes" or use specific words for certain clothing such as "vintage baby bib overalls" or "old baby dresses." Vary your search terms to look for specific items.
- Visit estate sales and garage sales. Estate sales generally sell off entire households of goods. Some people keep everything and that may include baby clothing. Look on Craigslist or newspaper want ads for sale listings.
- Ask friends and family. Maybe family members have kept vintage baby clothes for someone just like you who wants their new baby to wear them. Check with everyone who has ever had children if they kept any of the old clothes.
- Shop at thrift stores. Thrift stores get donations all the time. Like eBay, the inventory changes daily. Look in the children's section for vintage baby clothing.