How To Find Vintage Clothing For Men
Need to know how to find vintage clothing for men? The funny thing about vintage clothing for men is that styles are constantly revolving. Not evolving, revolving. What you would consider to be men's vintage clothing one day ends up being back in style the next day. Actually, the revolution of vintage clothing for men is usually around ten years or so. Every generation borrows from the generation before it. At least, they borrow the coolest elements from the previous generation. It's a good thing, too. None of us want to revisit mullets or high-top fades. Well, let's go old-school, which is now new-school, or whatever. Let's find some vintage men's clothing.
- Thrift stores and the Salvation Army. These places are veritable gold mines when trying to find some old-school duds. People do one of two things with their old clothes: they either throw all of their old stuff away, or they give it to places like the Salvation Army. Take a trip one day and check it out. You're bound to find some classic gear in these places. The clothing may need a little washing, but you can find some quality stuff. The best part is, the men's vintage clothing you find may have vintage price tags attached. The stuff is dirt cheap.
- Old timers. Go hang out with your grandpa. You know this guy's got some cool, older-looking clothes. If he's not around anymore, visit any older guy you know. Offer to help him clean out his closets and the motherlode is yours. He'll probably even have a long story to tell you about each and every piece of clothing you acquire. What fun!
- The not-so-old timers. Even your parents may have some super fly gear. Don't be afraid to rummage through dad's old shirts. Just think of all the cool band tees he probably has boxed up somewhere. The wealth of hats, shirts and suit jackets. You should check this guy out before going anywhere else. He'll probably give it all to you for free. Well, maybe not totally free. He may ask you to clean your old room and cut the grass.
- Yard sales. These are pretty self explanatory. Wait till around the spring time and go to your elderly neighbors' annual possession purge. You're bound to find something you can wear. Don't show too much interest or they may haggle you over prices. Old folks got to eat too.
- The youngsters. Yes, believe it or not, this is a viable option. The younger generations are rocking vintage men's clothing because it's the style to do so right now. If you want to spend the money, brand name clothing stores are selling throwback men's vintage clothing everywhere. You just have to get out there and look. Be warned. The "new" older stuff is not cheap. If you can find what you're looking for at the other places mentioned, do that.