How To Find Vintage Mens Vests
It can be a trying experience to locate a good piece of vintage clothing, particularly something specific such as how to find vintage men's vests. Whether you're a costumer for a theatre company or just someone who loves vintage style, this article will help guide you to vintage clothing sources.
- Preparations. You will want to know your exact measurements, including arms, chest, waist, legs, and neck. Often, the sizes listed on vintage clothing are different from modern measurements and may vary from company to company. As FinnFlair tells us, "Even if you are the perfect size 8 by today’s standards, you may find that vintage clothing marked that size are either too large or too small for you."
- Thrift Stores. Thrift stores are excellent places to start your search. It is definitely hit-and-miss; you may find exactly what you're looking for, or turn up nothing suitable at all. But the low prices make thrift stores an irresistable option.
- Other Local Sources. If thrift stores have not panned out, there are often other options locally. it's always best to be able to try on and examine clothes if possible. You can try vintage clothing stores, which may have what you want but at very high prices; costume shops may also carry vintage clothing.
- eBay. Often, it is easy to find exactly what you're looking for on eBay, even down to clothing brand and era. Here, it is definitely best to go by exact measurements, as you will have no chance to try the clothes on beforehand.
- Online Vintage Clothing Stores. This is really a last resort. No chance to examine the clothing and usually, extremely high prices. However, it may be the only way to find a particularly rare article.
Following the tips above, you should be able to find--if you can forgive the puns--appropriate vestments without excessive investment.