How To Find Vintage Military Buttons
Knowing how to find vintage military buttons sounds like a fun search for the avid collector. Most vintage military buttons from the twentieth century are most likely still attached to their original clothing items, but older vintage buttons might turn up in some interesting and unusual places. Here are some of the things you can do to locate vintage military buttons for your collection.
Things you'll need:
- Internet connection
- Access to Army/Navy surplus stores
- Access to thrift shops
- Access to flea markets
- Check Army/Navy surplus stores. Many of these stores sell vintage military attire and most have buttons in stock. Clothing sold at Army/Navy surplus stores are usually inexpensive and the items available are always interesting. Ask the proprietor if he has any vintage buttons stashed away behind the counter.
- Haunt the thrift shops, especially those located in towns with military bases. Older men may turn in their vintage military uniforms after being retired for years. Thrift shops always offer surprises no matter what you are hunting.
- Craigslist is a great place to find vintage buttons and military items of all kinds. After examining the Craigslist on your town, feel free to check other towns and cities for sellers advertising vintage military buttons. You can always pay via PayPal or credit card and have the items mailed to you.
- Sign up for a username on eBay and hunt for vintage military buttons until you are flat out exhausted. Numerous sellers advertise vintage buttons for auction and for sale. Learn how to bid and you may find yourself becoming addicted to buying vintage military buttons and other items on eBay.
Look in fabric stores and vintage stores for military buttons. Some fabric stores specialize in vintage fabrics and buttons of all kinds. Call ahead to see if it is worth taking the trip.
- Start going to local flea markets and antique shows, which are all great places to find vintage items. There are always booths selling vintage clothing where you may find military items with vintage buttons still in tact.
- Last but not least, surf the web looking for vintage military buttons at online specialty websites. Many websites sell buttons exclusively and others cater to those seeking vintage items. Be careful buying online. Use caution and common sense when giving credit card numbers and always ask about the seller's refund policy.
Many options present themselves to the avid collector searching for vintage military buttons. When one outlet doesn't seem to pan out, look elsewhere to add to your collections.