How To Find Vintage Platinum Engagement Rings
Knowing how to find vintage platinum engagement rings is a fun and profitable adventure for the well-informed buyer. If you know something about diamonds and know what you are looking for, buying a vintage engagement ring will be a very rewarding purchase. Although vintage platinum rings are often expensive, there are also some excellent buys to be had if you look in the right places. Here are some hints where to start.
Things you'll need:
- Local newspapers
- Internet access
- Pawn and/or jewelry shops within the area
- Antique shows within the area
- Check the classified ads in your local newspaper. People sell engagement rings every day. If you are lucky, you may find someone selling an antique engagement ring.
- Set up a buyer's account on eBay and search for vintage engagement rings at auction. There are thousands of engagement rings available online. When you bid on a ring, make sure you ask all your questions first. Once you receive a ring you purchased on eBay, take it to a reputable jeweler to have it authenticated.
- Pawn shops are great places to look for vintage platinum engagement rings. Know what you want beforehand and buy a jeweler's loupe so you can examine what you buy. Always have the ring examined by a certified jeweler or appraiser for authenticity.
- Ask a local jeweler if they have any used, vintage engagement rings. Many jewelers buy back perfectly beautiful platinum and diamond rings and resell them at a deep discount.
- If you are looking for an antique platinum engagement ring, visit the antique shows and antique malls in your area. Many jewelry dealers have both antique and vintage platinum engagement rings for sale.
- Remember to ask your relatives if any engagement rings have been passed down through the family. It may sound rather silly and obvious, but some people don't like to part with their family jewelry. However, if you make it known that you love your great grandma's vintage engagement ring and will care for it lovingly and keep it in the family, you may find yourself with a new vintage ring on your finger.
Regardless where you find a vintage platinum engagement ring, make sure you have it checked out by a jeweler and an appraiser for authenticity. While you are there, ask the jeweler to clean it to bring out its sparkle.