How To Find Vintage Rock And Roll T-Shirts
You may wonder how to find vintage rock and roll t-shirts that are actually authentic when many "vintage" shirts today are only "vintage style." Vintage style rock and roll t-shirts are very popular, but many "vintage" shirts are old designs on new fabric rather than shirts that actually lived through the 60s, 70s, and 80s. To find real vintage rock and roll t-shirts, you may need to dig around a bit.
What you will need to find vintage rock and roll t-shirts:
- The desire for an authentic shirt rather than a copy
- Online access
- Proximity to vendors of vintage rock and roll t-shirts
- Browse Websites specializing in vintage clothes. If you do not want to do too much work scouring the Internet and stores for vintage rock and roll t-shirts, you will find some options on these sites. Sites like Vintage Basement have people find clothes from thrift shops, garage sales, and elsewhere, thus saving you the work.
- Try online classified ads or auction sites. Because these types of sites attract people from all over the world, you can gain exposure to the vintage collections of many different people. You can purchase vintage rock and roll t-shirts from anyone on auction sites, but if you check out classified ads you will want to look for people close to you.
- Go to specialty vintage shops. There are stores, and even some areas, in the United States that specialize in vintage apparel. The area in San Francisco adjacent to Haight and Ashbury features many stores with authentic vintage apparel.
- Check out thrift shops, flea markets, and antique stores. Stores that sell aged items may not specialize in vintage apparel, but they may have a selection of vintage rock and roll t-shirts. You never know what gems you can find at these places.
- Go to garage sales or estate sales. People may cling to vintage rock and roll t-shirts for many years before realizing that they do not want them anymore. Someone else's old concert t-shirt can become your new favorite shirt.