How To Find A Workout Partner
Finding a workout partner can make or break the success you experience while exercising. There are several factors that need to be taken into consideration when making this decision. Remember, chances are, you will be spending a lot of time with this person.
- Ask a friend or family member to join in your plans to start or continue working out. There may be someone inside of your social circle that would make a great workout friend. Letting other people know what you are doing will increase the potential candidates that are available for your plans.
- Look around the gym for someone doing a similar workout. If you see someone else running through the same weight training or cardio routine, they may be someone that would be a good workout partner. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself and strike up a conversation about your workout goals.
- Put up a note on the gym bulletin board. Outline some of your workout ideas and provide a way for someone to contact you. There are a lot of people that will view your request and you may find a great workout partner.
- Post an ad on Craigslist. This ad will reach numerous people within your community. You may want to consider only providing your email address at first and the, after meeting with someone you can give them your number.
- Join a club or class around town that matches your physical exercise interests. If you are interested in weightlifting, look for a group that meets locally. With a large group of people all having the same interest, you may find someone who would be a compatible workout partner.