If you know how to fix an air mattress hole leak, you will sleep more comfortably on your next camping trip. You get addicted to using these inflatable spine savers in the mountains and whenever they go flat, it’s back to sleeping on rocks. Luckily, an air mattress is easy to fix.
To fix an air mattress hole leak, you will need:
- Sharpie pen or other permanent marker
- Bicycle repair kit
- Duct tape
- Find the leak at home. Inflate your air mattress. Now fill your tub with water and put the air mattress inside. Gently squeeze the air mattress while rotating it until you spot the telltale bubbles. Wipe the spot and circle it with a Sharpie pen.
- Find the leak while camping. If you are camping and need to fix an air mattress hole leak, you will need a little more patience or a body of water. If there is an ocean, lake, stream or river nearby, find the leak there. If not, start at one end of the mattress and put your face near the surface. Now gently push on the mattress and work your way up both sides until you feel or hear the escaping air.
- Patch at home. The easiest way to fix a leaking air mattress is to buy a bicycle tire repair kit. For less than a dollar at Walmart, you will be able to fix several holes. Simply dry the affected area, sand it with the patch kit tool, apply the cement and seal it with the patch. The only thing to watch for is you want the patch to be perfectly flush against the air mattress and not wrinkled.
- Patch while camping. When you are camping and have an air mattress leak, your back and ass will let you know. Most of do not have a bicycle tire repair kit in our camping gear but if you are a man, then you should have some duct tape in your car. Find the hole and seal it with duct tape. This is a temporary fix and you will still probably have a slow leak but the duct tape should hold overnight.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.