If it breaks, learn how to fix a belt buckle instead of throwing it away. Many people toss perfectly good belts because of the buckle. As long as you are capable of handling a pair of scissors, you can repair your broken belt buckle. The most common problem with a broken belt is the buckle separating from the belt. Other problems can occur with a belt buckle. If the pin of your buckle breaks, you can create a new one.
In order to fix a broken belt buckle, you will need the following.
- Flat head screwdriver
- Wire coat hanger
- Cut the belt at the damaged area, just before the belt buckle. Cut off the damaged or frayed portion of the belt. Keep the cut as neat and straight as you possibly can.
- Unscrew the buckle. There should be two tiny screws holding the buckle to the belt. Use the flat head screwdriver to carefully unscrew the screws. This is the same technique you will use when you want to a the belt buckle.
- Position the new, undamaged portion of the belt into the belt buckle. Place the screw back into the belt buckle and screw them back on.
- Replace pin. The belt buckle pins can often wear or loosen. Sometimes they break off entirely. When this happens, you are left with nothing to secure your belt buckle to the holes. Take the loop portion of a wire coat hanger and cut it off the hanger. Use your scissors to bend the hanger and shape it. Wrap one end around the belt buckle. Make sure it wrapped tight and secure. After the loop, trim the remaining end of the hanger to use as the straight pin. Cut to the size you need.
- Try out the repaired belt. Place the belt on to be certain it is repair and working properly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.