If the speakers in your home are not working, you are probably wondering how to fix blown out speakers. Although speakers are supposedly built to last, they are still subject to falling into disrepair. Blown speakers are relatively easy to repair, and doing so will save you the cost of purchasing new ones.
To fix blown out speakers, you will need:
- A screwdriver
- A replacement voice coil
- Duct tape
- In order to fix a blown out speaker, you need to determine which speaker is blown out. You can do this by using the equalizer on your stereo. Simply switch the balance from the right speaker to the left. The speaker that produces no noise is the blown out speaker.
- After determining which speaker is blown out, disassemble the speaker. Using a screwdriver, remove the faceplate from the speaker carefully. You should also remove the fabric that is covering your speaker. Be careful not to damage any of the speaker's parts. You will need these parts to fix the blown out speaker.
- Once you have disassembled the blown out speaker, inspect it for the damaged area. The first place you should look is the cone of the speaker. If the cone has a hole or tear, you can use duct tape or another similar material to cover the hole. Cover both sides of the hole to ensure it has been properly covered.
- Now that the hole is covered in the blown out speaker, reassemble the speaker. To reassemble the speaker, simply replace all of the parts in the reverse order you used to disassemble it. Your speaker should now be repaired.
- If there were no visible holes or tears in the cone, check the voice coil. The voice coil may have melted at some point, and this can lead to a malfunctioning speaker. A melted or otherwise wrecked voice coil needs to be replaced. You can find a replacement voice coil by either contacting the manufacturer of the speakers or by going to an electronics store. Once you have the replacement part, install the voice coil exactly as it is now.
Just because you have a blown out speaker doesn't mean you have to toss it. Simple repairs can be performed to not only save money, but extend the life of your speakers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?