How To Fix A Broken Heart
If you’re wondering how to fix a broken heart, then it is probably a relatively new experience to you. Maybe you’ve just been dumped by your first girlfriend. Maybe you’ve been dumped by your tenth girlfriend but the first nine meant little to you. Either way, we’re here to offer you some advice.
- Spend some time alone. Don’t jump right into a rebound relationship. It may seem like an easy way to get over your broken heart, but if that’s why you’re doing it then you’re in it for the wrong reasons. As a result, it will probably not end well. Spend some time by yourself doing the things you like to do when you’re alone. Read some books. Write some bad poetry. Sit on your couch doing nothing but eating nachos and playing videogames for hours on end. Whatever gets your mind off of your misery.
- Hang out with your friends. If you’ve been in a relationship for a while, chances are you haven’t been hanging around your friends as much. Call them up and invite them over for some bro time. Better yet, meet them at the bar and make sure they know that this time one of them has to be the designated driver because you’re going to be drinking away some heartbreak.
- Drink away some heartbreak. Now we’re not telling you to be irresponsible here. You should know your limits and stick to them. But that doesn’t mean you can’t spend some quality time drowning your sorrows in a bottle of whiskey. Sometimes to fix a broken heart you need to bottom out first, and drinking will sure help you do that.
- Focus on self-improvement. So once you’ve hit rock bottom, how do you climb your way back up? Focus on improving yourself, whether it’s by hitting the gym to get in shape or seeing a therapist to work through whatever emotional issues may have gotten in the way of your relationship. You’ll be making yourself a better candidate for long-term relationship status next time around.
- Move on. Once you’ve done some of the steps above and you start to feel a bit better about yourself, the most important step for fixing your broken heart is to move on. Dwelling in the past never got anyone anywhere (except maybe for historians) so stop thinking about your old flame and all the things that could have been and start thinking about all the things that will be from now on.