If you know how to fix a broken zipper, you will no longer find it a hassle to replace it with a new one once your zipper gets stuck or broken. You just need some simple tools to help you fix a broken zipper. Make it work again with these easy steps.
You will need:
- Pliers or screwdriver
- Strong threads
- Make sure that the zipper is broken. Sometimes if the zipper is merely stuck and not completely broken or separated, you can quickly fix it by rubbing a candle on the zipper’s teeth. Zip and unzip the zipper many times until you can smoothly slide the zipper close and open.
- Pry off the metal stop located at the bottom of the zipper. Use a small pair of pliers to do this. A kitchen knife or a screwdriver will do if a pair of pliers is unavailable. The metal stop is the small metal band located at the bottom of the slipper that stops the zipper’s slider as you open the zipper.
- Move the slider to the bottom. Once the metal stop is removed, pull down the slider until it reaches the bottom just below on the last teeth of the zipper. Then, mesh the zipper by re-aligning the teeth smoothly. Pull the slider going to the top of the zipper in order to zip it fully.
- Prepare the needle and thread for sewing. Use a thick thread for this purpose then thread it into the needle. Make a knot at the end of the thread and prepare to sew.
- Begin to sew on the zipper. Start to thread from the back of the zipper along the area where the metal stop used to be. Make about seven stitches in order to make a new stop for the zipper using the thread. Then, tie a knot at the back of the zipper to secure the thread in place and cut the end of the thread with a scissor.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...