Knowing how to fix a car antenna can make the difference between listening to a bunch of static or jamming the latest songs while driving down the freeway. Let's face it. Car antennas are easily broken. Although you could probably take your car in to have the car antenna fixed, it might be more cost-effective to fix it yourself. To fix your car antenna, you may need to replace it completely.
Things You Will Need:
- Replacement Car Antenna
- Adjustable Wrench
- In order to fix a car antenna, you need to determine if it is possible to fix it or should it be replaced. If your car antenna is intact, check to make sure it is tightly screwed in. If it is loose, simply tighten it with your hand until it doesn't move any longer. For most car antennas, this is the top cause of poor reception.
- If the car antenna is in any way damaged, you should replace it. Replacing it should fix any reception problems you are having with your car antenna. In order to replace the car antenna, use your owner's manual for directions on how to access the back of your antenna that is located within your car.
- Once you have located the access point to the back of your antenna, remove the two nuts that secures the car antenna into place both inside and outside of the car. You can use an adjustable wrench to loosen it. Once it is lose enough, use your fingers to remove the nuts completely. Be careful of the wires that are connected to the car antenna.
- To fix the broken antenna, remove the wires that are connected to it. After removing the wires, remove the car antenna from the car. Replace the old antenna with the new one. Be careful to plug the wires into the new car antenna in the exact same way they were with the old antenna.
- The final step in fixing a car antenna, is to replace the nuts you previously removed. You should also replace any paneling that you had to remove to access the back of the antenna.
Now that you have successfully fixed your car antenna, go forth and listen to all of those radio stations you have been missing out on.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.