Minor accidents happen to everybody and can leave you wondering how to fix a car bumper. Obviously, if the car bumper is completely destroyed or crushed, you will not be able to fix it, but minor dents can easily be fixed at home. The following guide will help you fix a car bumper.
To fix a car bumper, you will need:
- A blow dryer or heat gun
- A rag
- Ice water
- The first step to fixing a car bumper is laying out towels. This will help you avoid scratching the bumper as you repair it.
- Carefully remove your car's bumper and place it on the towels.
- Locate the areas of the bumper that are dented and apply either the blow dryer or heat gun to the area. You will need to apply the heat for at least three minutes or until the bumper becomes soft and easy to manipulate. A heat gun will make this process much easier. A blow dryer may not be as effective.
- Put on gloves and gently push the bumper until it is back in its original location.
- Soak your rag in the ice water and lay it across the area of the bumper you have just repaired. This will help seal the bumper into place.
- Repeat the above steps on each area of the bumper that is dented. Most of the dents should come out using this method.
- Finally, reattach the bumper to your car. Your bumper should be fixed.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…