How To Fix A Car Mirror
Need to know how to fix a car mirror? The cost for getting your car mirror repaired can be more money than you want to spend depending on the year and model of your car, but with time and the right supplies, you can repair your car mirror and have a great sense of accomplishment. With tools that should be readily available at any auto parts store, fixing your car mirror won't be difficult as you think, and you will save some money in the process.
The things you will need:
- A rearview mirror adhesive kit
- Allen wrench
- A razor blade scraper
- Masking tape
- Begin by removing any glass that is still on the mirror backing plate. Wearing your gloves would be a good idea to prevent getting cut from the glass pieces.
- Remove all of the old glue from the backing plate with the blade scraper to ensure the proper fit for you mirror.
- Clean and clean again. Clean the backing plate making sure it is free of adhesive. This step will ensure that your new mirror has a secure bond with the silicon.
- Squeeze the adhesive onto the mirror and around the edge of the backing by squeezing small drops around the entire backing and place some in the center.
- Place the mirror over the backing plate and press firmly into the adhesive holding for a few minutes.
- Adding strips of masking tape, to hold and secure mirror in place, allow to dry completely for a few hours.
- Remove tape and clean mirror.