Even though you probably figure knowing how to fix a car radio is a job only for qualified technicians, you could be wrong. Many car radio repairs can be done by you for a fraction of what you would pay a technician. With patience and the right tools, you can be listening to your favorite radio station in no time.
To fix a car radio, you will need:
- Electrical contact cleaner
- A replacement car antenna
- To fix a car radio that will not turn on, ensure that the car battery is fully charged. If the car battery is charged, check your radio for any wires that are hanging from it or that appear to be disconnected. Plugging in disconnected wires can fix a radio that will not turn on.
- If you are experiencing static when you turn on your car radio, you should check out the car's antenna. By replacing the car's antenna, you can fix a car radio that is having reception issues. To replace the car antenna, simply remove the antenna and install the new car antenna. Be careful to keep the wires in the same place when installing the new antenna.
- To fix a car radio that is emitting a fuzzy sound, you should clean the volume control. In order to clean the volume control, you need to remove the car radio from its position. Once you have removed the car radio, spray electrical contact cleaner onto the volume control. Once you have cleaned the volume control on the car radio, place the car radio back into its slot.
Fixing a car radio yourself can save you some major cash. If your car radio is still not functioning, it may be time to consult with a technician.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.