At some point everyone's car speakers will begin to make strange crackling noises, so everyone needs to learn how to fix a car speaker. Fixing a car speaker is not as difficult as it sounds and doing it yourself can save you the money and time it takes to have someone else fix it for you. The following guide will help you learn how to fix a car speaker.
To fix a car speaker, you will need:
- Your car
- Replacement speaker
- Nine volt battery
- Check your owners manual for the location of your speakers and how to access them. They are probably located in the dashboard or in the trunk.
- Once you have access to the speakers, attempt to remove the grill. If there are no screws, you can pry off the grill with a flat object, such as a screwdriver.
Remove the speaker from its harness so that it can be removed from its location inside of the car.
- Next, tighten the butt connectors on your car speakers. This may solve the problem.
Connect your car's speakers to a nine volt battery. If a popping sound is heard than the speakers are probably working properly. If you do not hear a popping sound, they probably need to be replaced.
- Check the car speaker cone and determine if it needs repaired. You can fix the car speaker with glue if there are any minor tears or holes in the cone. Heavy duty glue will be more durable and longer lasting. You can buy heavy duty glue at a home improvement store.
If the coil or magnets of the speaker appear to be damaged, you will need to install a new speaker.
- If your speakers appear to be functioning properly, but are still making strange noises, you may want to plug in a functioning speaker. If the speaker you know to be functional does not work, than you probably have a wiring problem and need to replace the wires.
- If none of the above fixes your car speakers, than you may need to replace a fuse. Check your car manual for the fuse locations and how to replace them.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Game of Thrones bloopers, sex geckos and more conversation starters for any social situation.
Friday Drink Special: The Little Zombie
Perhaps the world's first cocktail inspired by Comic Con and The Walking Dead.