For those music lovers who own a Ford Focus, you may need to know how to fix the CD player in the Ford Focus. Fixing the CD player in a Ford Focus can be a hard or easy process, depending on your experience in working with electronics and cars. Be sure you are prepared for a time consuming job before beginning this, and if you have a warranty, make sure you just send it in!
What you will need:
- Philips head screwdriver
- Flat head screwdriver
- New laser lens (make sure its compatible in your disc player)
- Soldering iron
- Wire cutters
- Start by removing the old CD player from the slot in the car. This can be done by unscrewing the bracket using the flat head or Philips head screwdriver. After you unscrew it, be sure to pull the wires from the slot that connects the radio to the car, but don’t cut them! Make sure to put the wires, screws and bracket in a safe place.
- Open the CD player using the necessary screwdriver. Once again, be sure to put these screws in a safe place after you have removed them. Also, be sure to get all of them out as pulling the cover when it is still held in with the screws could bend the metal cover, making it much more difficult to put back in the car radio slot.
- Disconnect the old laser disc from the CD player. This can be done by first unscrewing the laser disc from the bracket. After you have done this, cut the wire that connects the old laser disc to the Ford Focus CD player.
- Solder the wires from the new laser disc onto the Ford Focus CD player. Make sure that you do not solder the laser disc and CD player too much as it could possibly ruin some other parts of the Ford Focus CD player.
- Screw the new, wired laser disc into the bracket that you removed the old laser disc from. This will keep the new laser disc set still in the CD player and prevent it from moving around at any odd times, possibly damaging it.
- Put the cover back on the CD player. Be sure to secure it onto the player so it doesn’t shake around. Also, make sure the screws are tight so the CD player will fit back in to the slot easily.
- Put the Ford Focus CD player with the new laser disc back into the car. Make sure that it is properly secured back into the bracket and slot. This will keep it from creating an annoying rattling sound while you drive and listen!
Whenever the NBA is in full throttle, you can expect every fan to be on the edge of their seats, anxiously watching the ...
The Muji wall-mounted CD player is ingenius in a few ways your current player isn’t.First, the minimal, flat-to-th ...
2 Comedians, 7 Locations, 1 Car!